From the Front of the Room | Book
Facilitating workshops requires mastering several activities:
- Convening: Getting the right people
- Content: Understanding the questions that need to be asked and the inputs needed to help answer them
- Design: Building an effective workshop agenda
- Ecosystem Management: Keeping all the workshop elements moving seamlessly
- Facilitation: Working from the front of the room to lead group work and get the best out of participants
This book is about this last element: Front-of-room facilitation.
But this isn’t a book for beginners. This book is intended for experienced facilitators – those who know how to design an outstanding workshop and know how, alone or as part of a team, to deliver one. In a sense, this book will only be of value to you if, deep down, you already know everything that is written here.